Each year Paradise Kids puts together an Angel Choir. Our Angels ‘pay it forward’ to other children by actively helping Paradise Kids continue ‘help heal the heartache,’ raising vital funds and greater community awareness of the help we provide for children. During the Christmas period, our Angels delight many with their performances. If you are between the ages of 7 and 14 and love to sing … come join our Angel Choir. There will be opportunities for you to sing Christmas carols and songs at events and businesses around the Gold Coast.
We are privileged to have Elisa James as our Choir Director of the Paradise Kids Angel Choir. Elisa is a highly skilled and professionally trained voice coach, singer, actor and presenter with a Masters in Vocal Pedagogy (Qld Conservatorium), Master of Science (USA) and more. Elisa has developed HAPS … a holistic vocal training method. Leading up to our live performances you first receive 6 weeks of voice training and rehearsals in a group setting from Elisa.
Angel Choir Requirements
- Be a boy or girl aged between 7 and 17, with a love for singing especially Christmas Carols.
- Availability and Commitment to participate in 6 sessions of group vocal training rehearsals and the PK Angel Choir live performance schedule.
- Parental guardian’s OK and commitment to transport you to and from rehearsals and performances.
- Willingness to perform publicly and have parental guardian’s agreement to have your image/likeness recorded (video) and/or captured (photos).
- Willingness to wear your own choice of white outfit, with accessories provided by Paradise Kids (wings * sash * halo).
- Willingness to abide by our Angel Code of Conduct and adhere to the directions given by the choir director and the choir coordinator.
Free to Participate
Our Angel Choir is FREE to all participants. Being involved in the Angel Choir is a public role and we expect all our Angels to behave fitting to their role through their commitment and behaviour, not bringing discredit to Paradise Kids in any way. Angels must demonstrate respect and be kind to each other at all times.
Vocal Training Rehearsals
Vocal Training Rehearsals are held on Monday afternoons over four weeks.
Starting: Monday, 16th of November
Time: 4:00 pm to 5:15 pm
Paradise Kids: 88 Allied Drive, Arundel. Queensland 4214.
Performances start from the beginning of December until Christmas Eve at various venues on the Gold Coast. You will be provided with a Schedule once you have joined the Choir.